Friday, February 22, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
speaking of 5 people i love. i love love this new kid in the click 5. kyle patrick (middle above) is ridiculously adorable. i was at the roxy tonight to see evan's band (black list club) and these kids played last. they were very good, aside from the extra 4 lbs. hair they could get rid of.
anyway, this kyle kid was wearing some white shoes and pulled them off flawlessly. i couldn't keep my eyes off of his feet. melt! there is something so terrific, hip, and kind of ethereal about white shoes. and it was matched with the perfect outfit. white shirt, white tie, adorable black front/white back vest. this kid is trying to kill me.
- dr. drew pinsky: he's a doctor, therapist, radio personality, opera singer, actor, and whatever else. i listen to loveline only for this guy. he's freaking amazing.
- greg graffin: he's a professor at ucla and the lead singer of bad religion. seriously. i already have a post dedicated to him, but is clearly worthy of another mention in this category.
- dave grohl: dude, its dave grohl. beads of his holy sweat once flew off the tips of his hair and onto me. it was magical.
- jason bateman: remember that episode in arrested development where he plays with the paper crane on marta's shoulder? that is probably the cutest thing i have ever seen a guy do on tv.
- bill gates: is bill gates.
- tim gunn: this guy has the most exquisite taste in stripes and patterns. savvy, nice, and unbelievably stylish.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Saturday, February 2, 2008
so when i was writing the previous entry, i remembered that i also have to share my top 5 must-haves for any guy's closet at all times.
- the anti-jean: every guy should have a different pair of pants than jeans. sweats do not count. you should have at least one pair of terrific jeans, but since most guys already do, i didn't think that was necessary to mention. if you can pull off white pants, that is amazing, but if you can't, a great pair of khakis will do.
- brown leather shoes: shoes are made out of leather. leather is brown. have some brown leather shoes. it only makes sense.
- the monochromatic t-shirt trio: invest in some basic, short-sleeve, crew-neck tees in white, black, and gray. they must fit well. they hardly cost anything. if the target hanes fit you well, perfect. if not, h&m, urbn, and american apparel offer more sizes.
- sweater: personally, i think every guy should invest in a decent heather gray cardigan. if you're not cool enough to do the cardigan look, you have to have at least one nice sweater. no fairisle, argyle, plaid, or stripes before you invest in a nice plain sweater.
- coat: or sport coat. i think every guy needs one great black coat, but if youre in california and don't need a real coat, get a sport coat.
some of you may already know that i really want to become a menswear designer. anyway, here is my first piece of top 5 no-do's to y'all.
- hair styles and do's: guys cannot have hair-do's. you can have great haircuts, but no styles. likewise, dreds are never attractive.
- deep v-neck t's: straight men cannot pull off deep v's. i don't care how much american apparel ads try to push them. please. i am being very serious about this.
- low waisted jeans: if you want to look a million times better and million dollars richer instantly, pull up your pants. the mid-90s were wrong and are sooo over.
- man purse: be very careful about this.
- polyester: do i have to explain?