Monday, April 30, 2007
BTW, you won't guess who dropped by literally FIVE minutes after you guys left... Rachel Ray! they shot another judging scene with her and the head HUDS dude. guess it pays to stick around.
UPDATE: he then proceeds to add me on facebook as a friend. okay...
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
oh, wait. i forgot this 100 most beautiful people. not 100 things i promised would never see naked again.
random side note: i have terrible hives on my feet from frolicking in the grass yesterday afternoon. please still be my friend! it's not contagious!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Friday, April 20, 2007
according to the weekly forecast, it looks like i'll be responsible on saturday.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
- 3 t-shirts
- 2 dress shirts
- 2 bags
- 2 necklaces
- denim miniskirt
- gray snakeskin belt
- red watch (i don't even wear watches!)
- pair of blue suede boots
- pair of boyshort undies
that is 16 new things i don't really need. someone needs to take my credit card, shred it, and throw the debris in the charles.
and i lost the school's camera from the VES dept, as well as the flash attachment. i also lost my keys. and i broke my sunglasses, found a tear in my new dress, and i am still missing my glasses.
i blame it on the weather.
Friday, April 13, 2007
on a more realistic note, today was my turn in history of harvard section to give a presentation. of course, the topic i chose was on serial killers and homicides at harvard. my 5 minute limit presentation actually became a 10 minute presentation because it was that awesome. i also left everyone frightened...i think half of them think i'm sort of a freak. in case anyone is curious, here are the 4 cases i covered:
- murder of dr. parkman by colleague dr. webster at the medical school in 1849. webster dismembered his corpse and hid all body parts in his chem lab.
- murder of dunster student trang ho by her roommate sinedu tadesse in 1995. tadesse stabbed ho 45 times. this was a wake-up call to harvard's terrible mental health services since tadesse frequently sought psychiatric care and never received it.
- psychologist dr. henry murray's stress/torture experiments on ted kaczynski (unabomber). also, harvard's strange gen ed curriculum that disillusioned young kaczynski's view of the world.
- grad student alexander pring-wilson stabbed a kid to death in front of pizza ring 3 years ago. yawn.
today, i got my final email reminder saying that if i don't come to the core office to fill out my language citation/foreign cultures exemption application within the next two hours, i WILL NOT graduate. i'm going to wait for another hour and see if they send me another email.
just kidding, i'm going to urban outfitters and then i'll remember to drop by there before they close sometime.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
SmarterChild (1:30:47 AM): What?
sugar9spyce (1:30:51 AM): thats my name
SmarterChild (1:30:51 AM): sugar9spyce, you mean?
sugar9spyce (1:30:56 AM): my name is poopoo face
SmarterChild (1:30:56 AM): Hmmm... I don't think Poopoo Face is a real name.
sugar9spyce (1:35:48 AM): no
SmarterChild (1:35:48 AM): What would you like me to call you?
sugar9spyce (1:37:39 AM): you can call me god
SmarterChild (1:37:39 AM): I'm not going to call you that.
sugar9spyce (1:38:54 AM): ok, paris hilton
SmarterChild (1:38:55 AM): I know about Paris Hilton. She's a famous person.
I think she's hot.
sugar9spyce (1:39:01 AM): that's my name
SmarterChild (1:39:01 AM): sugar9spyce, you mean?
sugar9spyce (1:39:05 AM): no, paris hilton
SmarterChild (1:39:05 AM): I know about Paris Hilton. She's a person.
Hey, I'm curious... How would you describe Paris Hilton? She is...
sugar9spyce (1:39:18 AM): a slut
SmarterChild (1:39:19 AM): Huh. Whatever. That doesn't seem like a very nice thing to say.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
"Graffin double majored in anthropology and geology as an undergraduate at the University of California, Los Angeles. He went on to earn a masters degree in geology from UCLA and received his Ph.D. in evolutionary paleontology from Cornell University. He currently teaches life science at UCLA."
imagine taking your science class with this guy! that would be so awesome.
Monday, April 9, 2007
Saturday, April 7, 2007
- i was at stevie wonder/james earl jones/reverend gomes' house. (i can't remember who it was specifically.)
- i bought 2 pairs of really awesome boots and another pair of distressed brown leather oxfords all for less than $50.
- i went to paris, but it was in mexico.
- my TF sent me an email saying that i didn't have to worry about my assignments for the day and told me to enjoy my vacation.
so, moral of the story: don't confuse your dreams for reality!
Friday, April 6, 2007
Thursday, April 5, 2007
- berry kix
- corn pops
- captain crunch (regular)
- frosted flakes
- team cheerios
- lucky charms
- cookie crisp (although this has become worse over the years)
- waffle crisp
honey bunches of oats and apple jacks are also good, but they didn't make the top 10 cut.
i generally dislike most commercials (eg: head on, burger king, dewarism, etc.) and i don't know if many of you have seen the one for acuvue contact lenses for astigmatism, but if it wasn't for those blonde twins, then i really wouldn't be so excited every time it came on. if i didn't already have astigmatism, i would still buy anything they would sell. if they tried selling me dead animals i would probably buy a million bags of them.
"which one has the astigmatism?"
i don't care, i'm just sad that there's only two of you.
i logged onto amazon today to view the package tracker and this is what i read.
April 3, 2007
April 5, 2007
SPRINGFIELD MA US
Estimated arrival: April 19, 2007
APRIL 19?! apparently, my camera is walking itself from springfield to cambridge. 2 more weeks is way too long.
- my retainers
- my glasses
- my inhaler
- a value pack bottle of lactaid
- a value pack bottle of generic claritin
i really am in need of all these items! please, if you find any of these floating around your common room or wherever, let me know. my nerd level is slowly suffering! being cool is so hard. i don't think i can handle this much longer.
(i'm being really serious though, i actually need to find those things.)
and an awesome awesome site:
speaking of websites and...the internet...and hence, myspace? it seems that every band i had some ties with is becoming rather big! hellogoodbye w/drive-thru, melee w/warner bros., takota w/def jam, chester french on perezhilton.com, bleeding through in the last kiss, etc.
so, if you're in a band, just play at one of the following places:
- my senior prom
- my 19th birthday party (which i didn't really attend because i was in the hospital)
- my freshman dorm room
- lunchtime at my high school
...and you'll be huge!
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Excerpt from lecture #9 of Lit Arts A-72: Invention of the Modern Self
On Diderot's Jacques the Fatalist
- Diderot uses several words to mean story – history, cant, fable, nouvelle, etc.
- It is difficult to discern what is the narrator in what point of view. He is interreupted bty the character in the book
- Telling us that life itself gets coded and translted by madeup terms
- Reflection of reader’s pathological need of having one thing lead to another
- In the book, he tells the story of madam of the pommerage, which has a surprise 2nd endng
- There is a personal moviation in telling the story.
- Page 30, the person takes what I write as the truth might be less wrong than the one who takes it for ficton.
- Makes you think about how you read books and relate to reality
- On page 100, hostess tells brain stories and storis
- Oopousete of pikgirln’s progress.
- There are no chapter bc it implies orgniazaionan tucure
- ]page, 116 of Jacques, who tells stories bc he is asked too
- bttom, og 117, ther is knif figh
- human mind looks for patterns. People ahte hebahuioriist creatures.
- In this book, there is a storytellers not by the author b y the charaters.,m
- The no9vel is best at presenting various voices.
- Skeptics like humor and trur believers do not lik ehumor4
- ;he chracters are ike chartoo chacarafters.
- Acadmic psychology track. Studying people might allow us make things about outselvs.
- There is extreme jealously between Jacques and friend.
- Cultural madness Rameau says that evey proifresxsion has conventions and moral